This post is sponsored by the GM BuyPower Card
For some, the goal of a new vehicle purchase is rooted in the desire for upgraded features. For others, safety is the most important consideration. Fortunately, new cars tend to offer something for everyone — available perks like upgraded safety features, brand new tech-forward accessories and financing plans that can make upgrading your car affordable.
Did you know that a credit card can help make your new vehicle purchase (or a new lease) even better? I’m talking about the GM BuyPower Card from Capital One — a rewards credit card that lets you redeem Earnings towards the purchase or lease of a new Chevrolet, Buick, GMC or Cadillac.
Here’s the scoop:
- Earn 5% back on your first $5,000 in purchases each year, plus 2% unlimited earnings after that
- Earnings never expire provided your account remains open
- No limits to how much you can earn.
- No annual fee
And the best part of all? With the GM BuyPower Card you can earn rewards on everything you buy. This includes groceries, gas for your car and regular monthly bills — and we all know how these purchases can add up fast.
New options for your Earnings
While this rewards credit card has always let you redeem your Earnings toward the purchase or lease of a new GM vehicle, the GM BuyPower Card has recently taken things to the next level. Now, cardmembers also have the option to redeem their Earnings for statement credits of up to $250 per calendar year (January 1 through December 31) on qualifying purchases. What do these GM extras entail, you ask? Let me break it down:
- OnStar** Safety & Security, which includes Automatic Crash Response, Stolen Vehicle Assistance and much more.
- Connected Services*** Plans which include access to the vehicle’s mobile app, in-vehicle app experiences, and more.
- Authorized dealership purchases of Vehicle accessories, such as tonneau covers and bedliners for pickups, bike racks, all-weather floor mats and wheels.
- Scheduled maintenance such as oil changes, tire rotations and battery replacement, and mechanical repairs, including brake jobs and air conditioning service at GM dealerships.
If you go this route and decide to redeem your Earnings for up to $250 in statement credits† each year for in-dealership purchases of Certified Service, parts and accessories or GM extras, Earnings must be redeemed within 90 days from the date your qualifying purchase was made.
Why you need the BuyPower Card in your wallet
If you’re already using a credit card for convenience, there are plenty of reasons to consider applying for the GM BuyPower Card. Right out of the gate, 5% back on the first $5,000 you spend each year is quite the deal, plus you get an unlimited 2% back on everything you buy after that.
If you’re considering a new vehicle to accommodate a growing family or simply because you’ve worked hard and earned it, picking up this card and using it to rack up Earnings is a smart way to earn towards that dream car. Once you have the vehicle, it’s even smarter to continue using the card so you can redeem Earnings towards statement credits for vehicle care and GM extras at Gm dealers.
Finally, don’t forget that the GM BuyPower Card doesn’t charge an annual fee. If you could Earn towards a new Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, or Cadillac vehicle, why wouldn’t you?
Check it out here!
* Redeem your Earnings for statement credits of up to $250 per calendar year, January 1 through December 31, for qualifying purchases on vehicle care and GM extras. Qualifying purchases on vehicle care and GM extras include customer paid Certified Service, parts and accessories purchased at an authorized U.S. GM dealership, as well as eligible GM subscription services, including most purchased OnStar and Connected Services plans. Does not include data plans. To redeem, log in to your BuyPower Card Earnings account and select the Redeem page. Redemptions must be made within 90 days from the date your qualifying purchase was made. Please allow up to 3 business days after purchase for this transaction to appear on your BuyPower Card Account. Your statement credits are usually applied to your balance within 2 to 3 business days after redemption. All redemptions are final. Available on an open BuyPower Card Account in good standing. Combine with most other offers. Other exclusions may apply.
** OnStar plan, working electrical system, cell reception and GPS signal required. OnStar links to emergency services. See onstar.com for details and limitations. Automatic Crash Response: not all vehicles may transmit all crash data. Stolen Vehicle Assistance: requires armed GM factory-installed theft-deterrent system, contact method on file and enrollment to receive alerts. Additional messaging and data rates may apply. Services are intended to assist with vehicle recovery and do not prevent theft or protect against damage or loss.
*** Connected services vary by vehicle model and require active service plan, working electrical system, cell reception and GPS signal. Does not include emergency or security services. See onstar.com for details and limitations.